Laclede County Record logo and header

Smoke detector alerts couple of house fire

Posted

A Lebanon couple escaped a fire that destroyed their home early Thursday thanks to a smoke detector, according to Lebanon Fire Chief Sam Schneider.

“It’s just evidence that smoke detectors are vital and do work. I can’t stress enough the importance of having those in your home,” Schneider said.

The Lebanon Fire Department responded to a report of a house fire at about 12:16 a.m. Thursday in the 400 block of Sunset Drive. The fire began in the basement of the home, Schneider reported.

“Unfortunately, the house is going to be a total loss,” Schneider said.

For more on this story see Saturday's LCR. 

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment