A 76-year-old Lebanon man has died from injuries sustained during a propane explosion at his Cedar Crest home last week.
Joe Isaac Cross Sr., 76, of Lebanon, died Friday evening in a Springfield hospital, where he was taken on Feb. 18 after his home exploded due to a propane leak, according to Lebanon Fire Department Chief Sam Schneider.
“Unfortunately, Mr. Cross did pass away. …It’s tragic for his family, but it’s also a sobering reminder that these type of things do happen, unfortunately,” Schneider said.
Cross, who is originally from Eldridge, was a Korean War veteran. He also served as a federal police officer.
For more on this story see Wednesday's LCR.